« Home | Making Money with Your Blog! » | Making Money with Your Blog! » | Making Money with Your Blog! » | How To Make Money Online By Knowing What You Are W... » | Get Listed on Page One Using The Best Article Subm... » | Internet Marketing is BOTH an Art and a Science » | How to Improve Link Popularity Using Articles » | Top 5 Tips to Avoid Google Ban » | Improving Link Popularity by Submitting to Niche D... » | Is Internet Marketing Working For You? » 

Monday, June 9, 2008 

Three Things You Must Do Before You Submit To Article Directories

To all writers and non-writers out there, now is the time to start digging up those creative writing skills.With modern communication technology comes the popularity of information-based marketing, which is one of the oldest and most effective techniques in getting targeted prospects to sites and converting them into buyers. This is

Q: I get it that I need to write a lot of articles to make this work. My question is how do I find the time and the ideas to write a lot of articles?

A: Time and ideas can be a challenge. Here are my suggestions for finding the time and finding the ideas.

Finding the Time

I was late to the only presentation I ever did on time management. No kidding.

The reality is we all are given 24 hours in each day. 24 and no more. So really time management to me is life management.

If you want to find extra time, find where you are wasting time. Now I am a single parent with a full time business, so I've got many of the same challenges and constraints that many people have.

So I think it comes down to choices and discipline. Instead of watching the 3rd repeat of some stupid non-reality show, discipline yourself to work on your business and write some articles.

The other best tip I have for you is to find your best time to write and protect it. My best time is early in the morning. Find your time, protect it and use it.

Finding the ideas

The biggest mistake I see many article writers make is waiting until they have dozens of ideas to write dozens of articles. Do the opposite. Start writing and dozens of ideas will come.

Sharon O'Brien has said something that could be of help here - "Writing became such a process of discovery that I couldn't wait to get to work in the morning: I wanted to know what I was going to say."

Ideas for articles come when you are writing articles.

Another tip that works when you are writing is to look at the world and your area of expertise through article eyes. Pay attention to the world around you and the ideas will come.

Then make sure you capture the ideas by writing them down or recording them in some way.

And with your permission, I'd like to offer you free access to two of my Article Writing Templates. You can download them by going to http://www.TheArticleGuy.com/bonustemplates.htm

Would you like to get in on our free weekly Article Guy TeleSeminars? Visit http://www.TheArticleGuyTeleSeminars.com to get started today!

From Jeff Herring - The Article Guy and GreatArticleMarketing.com